Training for Open Water Swimming
STARTS AT 6:15PM - ENDS AT 7:15PM
Improve your endurance and stroke efficiency. Gradually increase the swimming distance in preparation for open water swimming in the Spring and Summer of 2023.
Participants may arrive at 17h45 to swim on their own prior to the class. Swimming workouts begin on January 26 and end on April 13, 2023. The UQAM Sport Center pool is located at walking distance from the Berri metro station at 1212 Sanguinet Street, Montreal. This activity is an excellent opportunity to meet other people who want to learn or improve their open water swimming skills and possibly sign up for a friendly swim in 2023.
- Certified swimming instructor
- Section of the pool reserved for the workout
- Access to the locker room, showers, and toilets of the UQAM Sports Center
- Priority registration for the WaterLife open water swimming program starting in spring 2023
- Possibility to swim an extra 15 or 20 minutes at the end of the training.
Bring: Water bottle, bathing suit, swim cap and goggles, towel, flip-flops, personal belongings - Swimming gear (optional): swim board, pull-buoy, swimming paddles - Arrive from 6PM. UQAM Sport Center: 1212, rue Sanguinet, Montréal, QC, H2X 3E7. The pool is located at the 3rd level basement (S3).